Nanny Candidate Screening
At Nurturing Nannies we take the job of finding the best nanny for your family very seriously. Our nanny candidates are carefully screened to ensure that your family has peace of mind. Nurturing Nannies nanny candidate screening includes:
- Previous childcare experience with references that we can talk to.
- Our background checks verify where the nanny has lived for the last seven years based on her social security number.
- We then do a criminal and sexual record check for every county the nanny has lived in during that time. In addition we check the National Criminal Database, as you can have a record there that will not show up on a county search.
- Included in your placement is a motor vehicle report. Even if the nanny is not going to be driving the children we feel this is an important piece of information. Many things show up on a motor vehicle report that would not show up on the criminal background check such as a DUI or suspended license.
- We also offer families the ability to do optional drug screening. This is highly recommended as we do not know the personal, life choices of each nanny that comes to us for placement.
The steps listed above are only the first part of the nanny candidate screening process. Once we know their history, we then make sure we understand their personality.
- We make sure that we find nannies that truly care about meeting the needs of the children they work with.
- They must be able to deal with the stress of emergencies with calm.
- Nurturing nannies candidates enjoy engaging children in activities that stimulate and educate.
- Our nannies are proactive individuals with a love for children.